Du bist nicht angemeldet.

+++ Heute, Sonntag, 3. März, kann das Forum zeitweise nicht erreichbar sein - wir bitten um Euer Verständnis +++

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen im Patrizierforum. Falls dies Dein erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lies bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Dir die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus solltest Du Dich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutze das Registrierungsformular, um Dich zu registrieren oder informiere Dich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Du Dich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert hast, kannst Du Dich hier anmelden.

• »Mayor of Smyrna« ist männlich
  • »Mayor of Smyrna« ist der Autor dieses Themas

• Private Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 28. April 2010, 04:21

Victoria 2 : Sell well , or....

The decision to create Victoria 2 was influenced by voting on the Paradox Interactive forums and debate within the company. The CEO of Paradox Interactive, Fredrik Wester, publicly announced his belief that the game would never see a profit while other members of the company such as Johan Andersson were confident it would be profitable. To this end Wester promised that if the game did indeed make a profit he would shave his head and post the pictures onto the forum. This belief stemmed from the first game's lackluster sales numbers.

Zitat

"Hey all, I really like that people are excited that Vic2 is in development. This feels like an interesting and exciting project for all of us, however it is no secret I voted for another project from the Paradox dev team.

Johan assured me our fans want this project, and so did you (forum people) in a poll on this forum. So in brief; I think this project never will see profit (reason is simple Vic1 was a terrible launch). Johan thinks it will. Johan and his team have the responsibility to create a good game and of course we hope that you will buy it since this was the most voted-for title in our poll.

So, what do I bring to the table except for whining? I have promised the dev team (and checked with my family) that I am shaving my head if this project ever sees profit. AND post pictures of it here in the forum.

We will have a budget meeting in the coming two weeks to see how many units we need to sell to reach our break-even; and keep you posted. Progress reports will follow.

And yes, I am serious."

Cheers, Fred

"......... I see it as a win-win situation. Either I keep my hair, or a good profit. "

Respects, Congratulations, and Heartedly Thanks for your homour and (brave for you, happy for Victoria-gamers) decision...

MoS

links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_2

Paradox Interactive Forums: Victoria 2
A collection of official information about Victoria 2.
Inventor of the "Turkish Building Technique"

Game Ratings:
First time total population beyond 3Mio frontier:3 045 259
Current Game: P2_Herz andP2_Kanoneof course..

Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves.

• »Mayor of Smyrna« ist männlich
  • »Mayor of Smyrna« ist der Autor dieses Themas

• Private Nachricht senden

Montag, 16. August 2010, 17:34

Victoria 2 released on 13 August 2010

Victoria II is a grand strategy wargame by Paradox Interactive. It is the sequel to 2003's Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun. It was announced on August 19, 2009 and was released on 13 August 2010.

The decision to create Victoria II was influenced by voting on the Paradox Interactive forums and debate within the company. The CEO of Paradox Interactive, Fredrik Wester, publicly announced his belief that the game would never see a profit while other members of the company such as Johan Andersson were confident it would be profitable. To this end Wester promised that if the game did indeed make a profit he would shave his head and post the pictures onto the forum. This belief stemmed from the first game's lackluster sales numbers.

It was revealed in a German interview with Frederik that 70,000 copies would need to be sold in order for Victoria II to be profitable; (Now only 69 999 more)..

Vicky 2_ Wiki

MoS
Inventor of the "Turkish Building Technique"

Game Ratings:
First time total population beyond 3Mio frontier:3 045 259
Current Game: P2_Herz andP2_Kanoneof course..

Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves.