Du bist nicht angemeldet.

+++ Heute, Sonntag, 3. März, kann das Forum zeitweise nicht erreichbar sein - wir bitten um Euer Verständnis +++

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen im Patrizierforum. Falls dies Dein erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lies bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Dir die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus solltest Du Dich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutze das Registrierungsformular, um Dich zu registrieren oder informiere Dich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Du Dich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert hast, kannst Du Dich hier anmelden.

ric.evans

Krämer

• »ric.evans« ist männlich
  • »ric.evans« ist der Autor dieses Themas

• Private Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 5. November 2015, 01:37

Any moves to rewrite Patrician III.

I enjoy Patrician 3, but, under Steam and WIndows 10, it is unplayable. Frequent crashes and limited to 800x600 graphics.

I have raised the issue with Kalypso Media. Their response was:

"thank you for your ongoing interest in Patrician 3 but the developers
moved on to more recent projects. There are currently no patches /
updates planned to establish compatibility with windows 8 or 10."

That suggest to me that the game is defunct as far as they are concerned. Yet I note they are still selling it on Steam.

Well, I enjoy the game, and would be sorry to see it go, does anybody know of a project to write a modern version? If there is one I would like to help.

SIncerely R A Evans
Ciao Ric Evans

Brasileiro

Großhändler

• »Brasileiro« ist männlich

• Private Nachricht senden

Samstag, 5. März 2016, 20:50

I would like to be part of a rewrite. I once even started a game, but I always end on the graphics. I'm a terrible artist. But for the game play mechanisms and AI I would be interested in helping. I have a post by Whistler that has many good ideas.